Fashion from Spain, Bizarre Accessories... - Unique Gifts Blog - Ooonique!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fashion from Spain, Bizarre Accessories...



Outfits by Carlos Diez during the Spring/Summer 2008 Pasarela Cibeles fashion show in Madrid September 21, 2007

I just saw this on Yahoo! News. I wouldn't exactly like to walk around with that hanging all over my face. Also, check out the close-up of photo number 2 above. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of viewing pairs of rather sickly-looking, unhappy knees. To be healthy is a better fashion statement.



Photo #3 here shows an "outfit" which I'm not really sure is what. Photo #4 has the same model looking like he's enduring the discomfort. The accessory is covering up that male model's attractive facial features and toned torso, which in my opinion is most certainly a fashion no-no. Don't ever cover up what can be flaunted.

I know fashion is a creative industry, but these accessories don't just border on the line of silliness, they cross it by milestones.

PS: The accessories thing could have ticked me off from the start, but Photo #111 on page 14, shows a model in a voluminous dress with that billowy silhouette type of look.



I find it very difficult to find that honestly attractive. When volume and lots of excess space are in, I'm always waiting to witness the humbler, cheaper, and much more durable potato sack becoming the ultimate fashion statement.

No comments:


Photobucket