Cape Cod Potato Chips - Unique Gifts Blog - Ooonique!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cape Cod Potato Chips



Cape Cod potato chips stand out as old-fashioned, premium kettle cooked potato chips with a crunchiness and hearty potato flavor.

The nice thing is that this brand of chips isn't saturated with additives. Some brands of potato chips have loads of salt and dreadful MSG (monosodium glutamate, a food additive which can trigger headaches and other symptoms in some people. Myself included!). Cape Cod chips aren't soaked in oil either.

At first, I used to think that some of these "premium" brands were only marketing themselves as premium, so that each product item could fetch a higher price from us hapless consumers.

However, after a few years' worth of being slightly more aware of the food I'm actually eating, I think sometimes the higher price IS precisely because the product is of a higher quality than some other mass-produced brands. You spend less to buy stuff like that, but time-honoured traditions and care that goes into making a product (whatever it is), are compromised with mass production.

Whenever I want a good packet of chips - not just to munch on while zoning out watching TV - I'll find myself cruising the potato chip snack shelves of grocery stores, then stalling as I consider which new type of chips of Cape Cod's I'd try, heh.

I liked the Sea Salt & Vinegar packet (some might find the bite of vinegar a tad sharp. I find Sea Salt great on food though). The Cheddar Jack & Sour Cream tastes zingy. And of course, their good old Classic chips can be counted on.

No comments:


Photobucket